Friday, May 6, 2011

Milestones

If separation anxiety is a milestone, then I've been misled. I thought all milestones were cute.

According to my weekly development email, Lauren has made a "big cognitive step" this week. I guess that's the nicest way to describe a phase that is not exactly pleasant. I'm diagnosing Lauren with an early-ish case of separation anxiety, which considering the amount of time I spend with her, is really quite silly! For her, the "symptoms" are sobbing every time I leave the room, and (slowly) following me around to cling at my legs and cry. 

I guess I should just feel lucky that only Lauren appears to have entered this stage, and not Avery too. I'm sure she'll follow soon enough, and then I'll have two babies who protest any time I dare walk to the far side of the kitchen island, so I should just enjoy Avery's indifference while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment