Friday, August 19, 2011

Baby Talk.

You know that commercial from a few years back - the one where the husband gets home, and his frazzled wife who'd been home with the baby all day was talking in baby talk to him, so he takes her to a play to get her back into the adult world? I totally feel like that is my life sometimes...not that I don't LOVE "talking" to my girls, but the repetition can get a little old! Seriously, I have this "conversation" about 100 times a day:

Baby, holding block out for me to see, proclaims "BWAA!".
Mommy: "Yes, that is a BLOCK! Very good!".
Baby, turning block in hand, examining it closely, holds it out again and proclaims "BWAA!".
Mommy: "Block! Yes, that is a blue block."
Baby: "BWAA!"
Mommy: "Yep, that's a block. It says A on it."
Baby: "BWAA!"
Mommy: "It is a very cool block, I agree."
Baby: "BWAA!"
Mommy: "Block."
Baby: "BWAA!"
Mommy: "Mmmhmmm. Let's find a different toy!"

Then it starts all over!

Note: I used block for this example, but feel free to substitute just about any other toy. Most them are still BWAA or BA at this point!


Lauren, mid "sentence".

Avery likes to put things on her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment