Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ah, to be a 6 month old

Having newly joined the ranks of the unemployed, I think it goes without saying that I've got a lot on my mind. The last 3 days, my mind hasn't taken a break, running a constant stream of scenarios and what if's. I've been alternating between moments of complete and utter panic (have I just plunged my family into financial ruin?!) and an almost blissful state (I mean come on, the weight of a very stressful job has just been unexpectedly lifted off of my shoulders...it's not ALL bad!).

I was in one of my panicked moments this afternoon, when I looked over at Avery. She was in the bouncer, jumping her little heart out. She was alternating between blowing rasberries and "talking" to herself as she jumped, while periodically smiling every time she checked to make sure I was still there. I thought to myself "Wow, if only I could get my brain on the same level as hers right now, where the only thing running through it is to blow a rasberry, or not to blow a rasberry, and make sure my mommy is still here". 

I think that's why our memories don't go back all the way to infancy...if we could remember how easy we had it at 6 months, who would ever want to grow up?

Look at this child, and tell me you don't want to be her for 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. i want to be her, especially because i want to have adorable chubby thighs and not worry about them :)

    ReplyDelete