Friday, April 8, 2011

Oh, the (forced) fun we shall have!

Well the weather gods FINALLY smiled upon the soggy PNW, and we seized our opportunity to take the pumpkins on their first hike. We selected Poo-Poo Point for it's proximity to our home, and because we thought we remembered it being fairly easy. Unfortunately I have a terrible memory when it comes to how easy or hard something was (somehow everything is remembered as easy!), and it turned out to be a smidge (ok, a lot) harder than we thought. But we persevered, and made it to the top, and got to watch the paragliders jumping off Tiger Mountain right it front of us. The girls LOVED it - awake and happy the whole 2 hours up, and happily napping on the way down (luckily chest to chest in the Bjorns still knocks them out!).

There was a group of 3 little girls at the top, I'd say maybe 6 or 7 year olds, and it got me daydreaming about all the hikes I want to take my girls on. There's waterfalls, lakes, rivers, rocks, bridges...so much to explore! They'll love it! And even if they don't, I love it, so they'll just have to suffer along with me, just like their older brother and sister do...they can just thank me when they're thirty :)




2 comments:

  1. I thought you MADE UP the name PooPoo Point, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love it! Little hikers in training! I can't wait to go hiking with you and all the girls in tow!

    ReplyDelete